Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large, deep nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add bell pepper, onion, quinoa and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, sausage, roasted pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, pepper flakes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add shrimp to skillet. Cover and cook 5 minutes until quinoa is tender and shrimp is cooked.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate remaining servings and reheat when called for.
Related: Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 282
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 1035 mg
- Sugar Content 5.5 g