READER RECIPE TESTER
"I'm the person who brings the healthy and creative dish to a party – I like to challenge people to try new things. The Quinoa Party Salad is always a hit, boasting bright colors and fresh flavors, and it's so easy to make!"
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse quinoa thoroughly; drain well. In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until water is absorbed. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, lime juice, cumin and pepper flakes until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, beans, bell peppers, jalapeño and cilantro. Add quinoa and stir to combine. Top with dressing, season with salt and black pepper and mix well. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 364
- Carbohydrate Content: 56 g
- Fat Content: 10.5 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 46 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g