Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more vegetarian recipes.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, flaxseeds, paprika, dulse, coriander, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, chickpeas, fennel, radishes, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice and eggs. Toss to coat vegetables evenly.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Combine until incorporated.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Working in batches, using a ¼-cup measure per cake, add 5 scoops batter to pan. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and press cakes to flatten them, to approximately 3 inches in diameter. Cook on second side until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Repeat two more times with remaining oil and batter, making a total of 14 cakes.
- To serve, garnish with your choice of hummus, Broccoli Pesto, cucumber and/or fresh dill.
- Serving Size 1 cake
- Calories 75
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 27 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 98 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g