- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large red and/or golden beets, peeled
- 2 cups loosely packed finely chopped kale
- 2 tbsp shelled unsalted whole pistachios
- 2 tbsp soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (TRY: Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tsp raw honey
- Pinch each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Slice ends off beets. Working one at a time, secure beets in a spiral slicer and turn the crank to create noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine beet noodles, kale, pistachios, cheese and seeds.
- To a mini food processor or blender, add all dressing ingredients plus
- tbsp water; process until smooth. Add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until dressing reaches desired consistency.
- Pour dressing over kale and beet mixture; toss to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow dressing flavors to permeate the ingredients; toss again before serving. Garnish with additional basil (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 244
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 119 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g