Learn to cook and eat to nourish a thriving microbiome in our exciting new Clean Eating Academy course The Gut-Health Fix, with health and wellness expert, author of Real Food Heals, and award-winning NYC chef and restauranteur Seamus Mullen. Learn more at cleaneating.com/guthealthfix.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, divided
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups raspberries, divided
- Frozen can be substituted; (thaw completely and drain first.)
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Soak in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Prepare base: To a food processor or high-powered blender, add almonds, dates, coconut and salt. Pulse until crumbly and slightly chunky, 15 to 30 seconds. If needed, add 2 to 4 tsp water and process until it holds together when rolled into a ball. Press into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Chill in freezer.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: In processor or blender, place cashews, lime juice, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla; process until very smooth.
- Remove chilled base from freezer and top with two-thirds of filling in an even layer. Add 1 cup raspberries to remaining filling in processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour over filling and top with lime zest; cover and freeze until solid, about 5 hours.
- Cut into 16 squares and garnish with remaining ½ cup raspberries. Store bars in freezer. Thaw in refrigerator for 2 hours or at room temperature for 20 minutes before eating.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 218
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 17.5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 18 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g