Learn to cook and eat to nourish a thriving microbiome in our exciting new Clean Eating Academy course The Gut-Health Fix, with health and wellness expert, author of Real Food Heals, and award-winning NYC chef and restauranteur Seamus Mullen. Learn more at cleaneating.com/guthealthfix.
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Soak in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Prepare base: To a food processor or high-powered blender, add almonds, dates, coconut and salt. Pulse until crumbly and slightly chunky, 15 to 30 seconds. If needed, add 2 to 4 tsp water and process until it holds together when rolled into a ball. Press into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Chill in freezer.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: In processor or blender, place cashews, lime juice, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla; process until very smooth.
- Remove chilled base from freezer and top with two-thirds of filling in an even layer. Add 1 cup raspberries to remaining filling in processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour over filling and top with lime zest; cover and freeze until solid, about 5 hours.
- Cut into 16 squares and garnish with remaining ½ cup raspberries. Store bars in freezer. Thaw in refrigerator for 2 hours or at room temperature for 20 minutes before eating.
- Serving Size 1 square
- Calories 218
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 18 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g