Find more slow-cooker recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 oz ripe plum tomatoes, sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick
- 6-oz eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 4 oz whole-grain penne pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Mist a 6-qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Add tomatoes, eggplant, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and pepper flakes. Stir gently, cover and cook until onion softens, 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Turn off slow cooker; stir in olives, basil, rosemary and salt. Let sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Divide pasta among plates and top with tomato-eggplant mixture, dividing evenly. Sprinkle feta over top.
- Serving Size: 1 cup tomato-eggplant mixture and 1/2 cup pasta
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 514 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g