“Raw” Beanless Zucchini Hummus
Now being gentle to bean-sensitive tummies won't mean having to sacrifice authentic taste: if we didn't know better, we'd swear this reader recipe for zucchini hummus was full of garbanzo beans!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
READER RECIPE TESTER
San Diego, CA
“Eating clean has made a huge impact on my health, body and career. I feel better than I did when I was a teenager. I can live my life without feeling guilty about eating delicious foods. I’m more aware of how food affects me and I love sharing that knowledge with everyone I know and meet. I love that this bean-free hummus recipe is so nutritious and light and very versatile _ you can add it to just about anything!”
Have a yummy recipe like this zucchini hummus? Share it here!
- 3 raw zucchinis, peeled and chopped
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 pinches ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1 cup sesame or sunflower seeds, soaked
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzle
- Fresh parsley, minced for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except oil and parsley, into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth or to desired consistency. Drizzle with oil and garnish with parsley. Complement it with crudit_s, raw flax crackers or whole-grain pita bread. You can also spread it on sandwiches or mix it with salads.
- Serving Size 3 oz
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 330 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g