Raw Butternut Squash & Cranberry Salad
Butternut squash is a excellent source of immune-supportive vitamin A and the cranberry adds extra sweetness. So simple yet so good.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 oranges (NOTE: Zest and juice1 orange to yield 2 tbsp zest and 1/4 cup juice; peel and segment remaining orange, then cut segments to thin triangles, reserving juices.)
- 3 cups shredded butternut squash (about one-quarter of 4-lb squash)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Dash sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, honey, orange zest, orange juice, orange slices and reserved juices. Add squash, cranberries, ginger and salt; toss to combine.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g