Find more holiday recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 8 oz each), scrubbed
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 1-oz slices all-natural turkey bacon (no added nitrates or nitrites), cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush skins with 1 tsp oil. Bake, turning once, until tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Make a slit in each potato lengthwise, and scoop flesh from skins into a large bowl leaving a ¼-inch layer of flesh inside the skins. Return skins to baking sheet.
- To bowl with potato flesh, add yogurt, pepper, salt and nutmeg; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Fold in onions, cheese and bacon. Spoon flesh mixture back into skins.
- Return to oven to heat through, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley (if using). (MAKE AHEAD: Potatoes can be made 1 day in advance through Step 4, then covered and refrigerated; baking time will be slightly longer, 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.)
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed potato
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 24 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 376 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g