- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, diced into 1/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, diced into 1/4-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, minced (1 cup)
- Juice 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- In a medium heat-proof bowl with lid, pour 2 cups boiling water over bulgur. Cover and place in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Pour oil into a large nonstick skillet. Add peppers and celery, sprinkle with basil and salt, and sauté on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In another small bowl, stir together lemon juice, oil and vinegar for the dressing.
- When bulgur is finished soaking and water is absorbed, spoon it into a large bowl with the sautéed red pepper and celery. Add parsley. Pour dressing over and stir gently.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 93
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 89 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g