Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl with lid, pour 2 cups boiling water over bulgur. Cover and place in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Pour oil into a large nonstick skillet. Add peppers and celery, sprinkle with basil and salt, and sauté on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In another small bowl, stir together lemon juice, oil and vinegar for the dressing.
- When bulgur is finished soaking and water is absorbed, spoon it into a large bowl with the sautéed red pepper and celery. Add parsley. Pour dressing over and stir gently.
- Serving Size 3/4 cup
- Calories 93
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 89 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g