- Preheat broiler to high and position oven rack 6 to 8 inches away from heat. Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray, then place chicken on foil and mist with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp chile powder, 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper evenly on both sides. Broil until center is no longer pink and temperature registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 5 to 8 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, shred into small pieces.
- Switch oven to bake setting at 350°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil and mist with cooking spray, then arrange tortillas in a single layer and mist with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tsp chile powder. Bake in upper and lower thirds of oven for 14 to 15 minutes, turning tortilla chips and switching positions of sheets halfway through, until chips are firm and lightly browned (they will crisp up as they cool). Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Prepare pico de gallo: In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, cilantro, lime juice, oil and 1/4 tsp salt.
- In a medium saucepan on medium, heat butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add beans along with their liquid. Increase heat to medium high and cook, stirring frequently until liquid is bubbling. Stir in hot sauce (if using) and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Remove from heat and mash until consistency is slightly chunky.
- Re-line one of the large rimmed baking sheets with foil. In center of foil, spread one-half of chips. Top with about half of beans, half of chicken and half of cheese. Top with a smaller layer of chips (about 20), then top with about two-thirds of the remaining beans, chicken and cheese. Top previous layer with remaining chips, beans, chicken and cheese. Bake in center of oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- If you want to use a serving platter, use the foil lining to carefully slide nachos onto platter or place foil directly onto platter; you can also serve nachos on baking sheet (remember, it will be hot!). Immediately top nachos with about 1 cup of pico de gallo and avocado. Add any of optional garnishes. Serve with remaining pico de gallo and sour cream on the side.
- Serving Size 10 chips with toppings
- Calories 346
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 24.5 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 383 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g