FOR THE WELLNESS OVERACHIEVER: Try adding 1 tsp cordyceps powder to the dressing. A medicinal mushroom available in powder form, cordyceps activates the immune system to help fight off infections.
1. Prepare marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, 6 tbsp oil, tamari, cilantro, mint, shallot, pepper flakes, maple syrup and black pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
2. Pound chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to an even thickness. Place chicken in a glass container and pour ½ cup marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
3. Prepare dressing: To remaining marinade, add remaining 3 tbsp olive oil and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
4. Cut off stems of broccoli and trim tough outer peel. Chop into 2-inch pieces and place in a food processor. Cut the tops into large florets and add to bowl of processor. Pulse a few times until broccoli resembles rice. (If your food processor is small, do this in batches.)
5. Preheat an indoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade and discard excess. Grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes each side. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil to keep warm.
6. In a large skillet on medium, heat coconut oil. Add garlic and sauté for 20 seconds, or until fragrant. Add riced broccoli and ¼ tsp salt and sauté for 5 minutes, or until desired tenderness is achieved.
7. Divide riced broccoli among bowls. Dice chicken and add to bowls. Add carrots and cabbage. Drizzle with reserved dressing and garnish with cashews and additional cilantro and mint.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 508
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 63 mg
- Fat Content 36 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 680 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 22 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g