1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan (at least 3 qt), heat oil on medium-high. Add onion and sauté, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add lamb, oregano, salt and pepper and cook, breaking up with back of spoon, until browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a separate large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Drain and stir into lamb mixture.
5. Scrape into prepared baking dish. Using a teaspoon, dollop ricotta evenly over top; stir gently to incorporate into pasta. Sprinkle with Fontina. Cover loosely with foil and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
6. Arrange 1 oven rack in top third of oven; preheat broiler to high. Transfer dish to top rack; broil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with rosemary (if using).
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 339
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 44 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 229 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g