Find more holiday recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 large Gala apples, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil, divided
- 2 tsp winter savory (or 1 tsp thyme + 1 tsp rosemary)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened apple cider
- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp almond meal/flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, add Brussels sprouts and apples. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with savory, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper; toss. Transfer mixture to a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, until sprouts are just beginning to brown.
- To baking dish, add apple cider. Reduce heat to 375°F, and continue baking until Brussels sprouts are tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare Shiitake Bacon: In a medium skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add maple syrup, tamari and paprika and sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine almond meal and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Remove Brussels sprouts from oven, top with Shiitake Bacon and sprinkle with almond mixture.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 205
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 242 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g