Find more holiday recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, add Brussels sprouts and apples. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with savory, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper; toss. Transfer mixture to a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, until sprouts are just beginning to brown.
- To baking dish, add apple cider. Reduce heat to 375°F, and continue baking until Brussels sprouts are tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare Shiitake Bacon: In a medium skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add maple syrup, tamari and paprika and sauté for another 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine almond meal and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Remove Brussels sprouts from oven, top with Shiitake Bacon and sprinkle with almond mixture.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 205
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 242 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g