1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a
large baking sheet with parchment.
Arrange Brussels sprouts on sheet
and toss with 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp salt and
pepper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes,
until tender and golden.
2. Meanwhile, to a large bowl,
add shallots, cassava and remaining
1 tsp salt; toss to combine.
3. In a large skillet on medium,
heat 3 tbsp oil. Drop 1 shallot
slice into the pan to make sure
it sizzles. Add as many shallot
pieces as can fit in the pan without
overlapping, cooking in batches
if necessary. Turn shallots when
golden on the bottom, 5 minutes.
Turn and cook until crispy and
golden on other side, 5 minutes.
Transfer shallots to a paper
towel–lined plate and set aside.
(Note: If you do a second batch,
wipe out pan and add fresh oil.)
4. In a small skillet on medium, heat
2 tbsp oil. Add capers carefully to
avoid splatter. Sauté 1 minute, or
until they start opening like flower
buds. Add garlic and lemon zest;
sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. To a serving bowl, add Brussels
sprouts, caper mixture and lemon
juice; toss. Sprinkle with shallots.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 181
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 778 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g