Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
GOLDEN COW: Lactose-free ghee, lauded for its creamy and nutty flavor, can be used in the same way as butter, which is not Whole30 compliant. Traditionally used in East Asian cooking, ghee is made from butter but is clarified to remove the milk solids.
- Prepare dip: To a small, unheated skillet, add oil and garlic. Place on low heat, until oil is sizzling for 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a high-speed blender or small food processor. Add avocado, chives, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, dill, oregano and mustard powder; process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in mayonnaise. (TIP: Thin with water, 1 tsp at a time, if mixture is too thick.) Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare cauliflower: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt, paprika and pepper. In a separate large bowl, beat egg. Add cauliflower florets to egg bowl and toss to coat. Sprinkle flour mixture onto cauliflower; toss to coat.
- Divide cauliflower between baking sheets; spreading evenly. Mist with cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine hot sauce and ghee; warm on low heat, whisking, until ghee is melted. When cauliflower is done, divide sauce between baking sheets, drizzling on cauliflower, taking care not to let breading fall off.
- Switch oven to broil on high. Broil 1 to 2 minutes per sheet, until spots not covered with sauce are golden. Sprinkle with parsley (if using). Serve with dip on the side.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 567
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 88 mg
- Fat Content 49 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 1519 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 29 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g