Love pasta? Try these fabulous clean recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. Add squash, oil, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread in a single layer. Roast until squash is golden brown and tender, tossing once or twice with a spatula, about 25 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Before draining, ladle about 1 cup of pasta cooking water into a heat-proof measuring cup or small bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out pan used to cook pasta. To pan on medium, melt butter. Add flour and stir with a spoon until moistened, about 1 minute. Add milk in a slow, steady stream as you stir with a whisk. Increase heat to medium-high and continue whisking until no lumps of flour remain. Bring to a simmer, whisking frequently to prevent milk from scorching. Simmer, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in Gruyère and cheddar. Stir in remaining 1/4 tsp salt, pasta and squash, until combined. Stir in reserved pasta cooking water in 1/4 cup additions, until cheese sauce is thick but still pourable, or to desired consistency. Remove from heat and divide among plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan and thyme (if using).
- Serving Size 1 1/3 cups
- Calories 472
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 489 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g