Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast until lightly charred and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp oil on medium. Add garlic, bread crumbs and walnuts and toast, stirring frequently, until bread crumbs are golden, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat same pot on medium-high and add remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil. Add onion and capers and sauté, stirring often, until onion softens, about 2 minutes. Stir in pasta, cauliflower, parsley, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Add pasta cooking water and toss to coat. Cook, stirring, until liquid is reduced by half, about 30 seconds. To serve, top pasta mixture with bread crumb mixture.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 42.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 184 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g