Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Up to 3 days in advance, make vinaigrette: In a small sauté pan on medium, add
butter and sage, swirling pan frequently, until butter is golden and nutty smelling,
2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; add shallots, lemon juice and vinegar. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2. Up to 1 day in advance, par-bake cauliflower: Preheat oven to 425°F. On a large parchment-lined baking sheet, toss cauliflower with oil, salt and pepper and roast until just tender and golden brown in places, 35 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
3. 2 hours before serving, take cauliflower out of refrigerator and arrange on a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside. About 45 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 425°F.
4. Up to 15 minutes before serving, reheat cauliflower and vinaigrette. Reheat cauliflower in oven until heated through and beginning to brown on edges, 10 minutes. Reheat vinaigrette in a small saucepan on medium until bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Place cauliflower in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette and cranberries; sprinkle with pine nuts and parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serving Size 3/4 cup
- Calories 127
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 12 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 200 mg
- Sugar Content 5.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g