- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup no-sugar-added cherry preserves or cherry jam
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 oz each)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray (or 2 pans to accommodate 10 chicken breast halves without overlapping).
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cherry preserves, vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and cumin. Set saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange chicken in prepared pan and season the tops with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour sauce over chicken. Roast chicken 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through (no longer pink in center).
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a small, dry skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, shaking skillet frequently to prevent burning. Serve 4 chicken breast halves with all of the almonds sprinkled over top.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast half, 3 oz sauce, 1 oz almonds
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 58 g
- Cholesterol Content: 80 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 210 mg
- Sugar Content: 49 g