Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray (or 2 pans to accommodate 10 chicken breast halves without overlapping).
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cherry preserves, vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and cumin. Set saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange chicken in prepared pan and season the tops with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour sauce over chicken. Roast chicken 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through (no longer pink in center).
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a small, dry skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, shaking skillet frequently to prevent burning. Serve 4 chicken breast halves with all of the almonds sprinkled over top.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast half, 3 oz sauce, 1 oz almonds
- Calories 450
- Carbohydrate Content 58 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 49 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g