The tomatoes in this dish are packed with nutrients including molybdenum, biotin and vitamin C. Molybdenum aids in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates; vitamin C assists in the formation and repair of bodily tissues; and biotin supports healthy skin.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chickpeas on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and toss with one-half of the oil and all of za’atar seasoning. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining half of oil, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, shallots, cilantro and roasted chickpeas; toss to coat.
- Slice avocados in half and remove pits. Fill each half with one-quarter of chickpea mixture. Garnish with chives.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate remaining filling until called for. Cut avocado just before serving and assemble.
- Serving Size 1⁄2 of recipe
- Calories 806
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 62 g
- Fiber Content 27 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 633 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 42 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g