- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, each cleaned and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 16-oz lamb tenderloin, trimmed of visible fat
- ¼ tsp sea salt, divided
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 8 packed cups chopped beet greens
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cooked fava beans or baby lima beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Mist a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Arrange potatoes in pan in a single layer; mist again with cooking spray. Bake potatoes in oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a small sauté pan on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Sprinkle lamb with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Sear lamb, browning meat, for 1 minute on each side. Remove lamb from pan and set aside. Add 1 cup water to pan. Deglaze pan by scraping up bits on bottom with a wooden spoon and cooking for about 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat.
3. Once potatoes are done, remove from oven and carefully push potatoes to side of pan. place lamb on other side. Add beet greens and onion over top of potatoes. Pour deglazing liquid over top of vegetables and lamb. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees Fahrenheit when placed in center of lamb. Remove pan from oven and uncover. Let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place beans in the bowl of a food processor with oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic and remaining 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Purée for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth; set aside. (Fava beans purée can be served warmed or at room temperature.)
5. To serve, slice tenderloin into 16 1-oz pieces. On each plate, place 1/4 cup bean purée, 4 slices lamb, 8 potato wedges and 1/2 cup beet greens-onion mixture. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4 oz lamb, 1/4 cup bean puree, 8 potato wedges, 1/2 cup beet greens-onion mixture
- Calories: 447
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 73 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Sodium Content: 391 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g