We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment, toss parsnips and onion with one-half of oil, rosemary and one-half of each salt and pepper. Peel outer layers of the garlic bulb and cut off the top ¼ inch of head. Drizzle with remaining one-half of oil, cover with foil and add to baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes. Set garlic aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, place almonds on a parchment-lined sheet; toast in oven for 4 to 6 minutes, until golden brown.
3. Carefully squeeze garlic from skins and place in a large pot. Add roasted parsnips and onions, broth, beans and remaining one-half of each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice and purée until smooth using an immersion blender. Garnish with almonds before serving.
Note: If following our Meal Plan, freeze two servings. Thaw overnight in the fridge and gently heat on the stove, adding a splash of water as needed to thin.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 514
- Carbohydrate Content 68 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 20 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 589 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g