- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces, or 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, cut into thin rounds (TIP: Most of the heat in a jalapeño pepper is in the seeds, so remove the seeds if you don't want too much heat.)
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 oz whole-grain rotini
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- To a 4-qt slow cooker, add peppers, onion, garlic, oregano and 1 tbsp oil. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours (or on high for 3 1/2 hours).
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Transfer vegetable mixture to a plate and set aside. Increase heat to high. Add shrimp, pasta and 2 cups boiling water. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 20 to 25 minutes or until pasta is tender and shrimp is opaque in center.
- Drain pasta mixture in a colander, discarding liquid, and divide among serving plates. Divide remaining 1/2 tbsp oil, salt and olives among servings. Top with roasted vegetable mixture.