We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup unsalted walnuts (toasted, optional)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper)
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (TRY: California Olive Ranch Reserve Miller’s Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1. Roast peppers: Preheat broiler to high and position rack 6 inches below heat source. Place whole peppers on a baking sheet and broil until blistered and blackened on all sides, turning every couple of minutes.
2. Transfer peppers to a bowl; cover for at least 15 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Remove skin and seeds.
3. In a food processor, pulse walnuts and garlic until finely chopped.
4. Add basil, cheese, vinegar, salt, pepper, cayenne and roasted peppers. Start processing and, with motor running, pour oil through feed tube. Process until well blended.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 188
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 287 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g