Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Fill a medium saucepot with 1 inch water and bring to a boil on high. Fit with a steamer basket and add cauliflower to basket; cover and steam until very tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a food processor, adding 1/4 cup hot water from pot, 1 tbsp butter, zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt. Purée until smooth, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, line up chicken on a cutting board and spread ricotta evenly over 1 side of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle peppers evenly over ricotta. Roll up and secure each piece with 1 to 2 toothpicks. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 tsp salt evenly over chicken. Transfer 2 tbsp flour to a medium-sized shallow bowl and dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Mist a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add chicken and cook for about 6 minutes, turning over halfway, until golden brown on both sides. Mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray, then carefully transfer chicken to sheet and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes. (NOTE: Internal temperature should register 165°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer.)
- Carefully remove toothpicks and slice crosswise into rounds.
- Meanwhile, to a small heavy saucepot, add stock and bring to a simmer on medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1 tsp flour and 2 tsp lemon juice until smooth. Add to stock along with remaining 1 tbsp butter. Simmer for 2 minutes, until smooth and thickened. Divide cauliflower and chicken among serving plates and top chicken with sauce.
- Serving Size 2 roulades, 1/2 cup cauliflower, 1/4 of sauce
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 10.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 94 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 390 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g