- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 5-oz pieces wild salmon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch (TRY: Bob's Red Mill Arrowroot Starch)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz baby bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 6 oz oyster mushrooms, trimmed
- 4 oz snap peas
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon on baking sheet and season with one-half of each salt and pepper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together sesame oil, orange zest and juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey, arrowroot and remaining one-half of each salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high, heat avocado oil. Add bok choy and cook, stirring as needed, for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and snap peas; cook for 3 minutes more, or until all vegetables are tender. Transfer to a plate.
5. Into same skillet, pour in sauce mixture; heat on medium for 2 minutes, whisking until thickened.
6. Divide vegetables, quinoa and salmon between bowls. Spoon sauce over top and sprinkle with seeds.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 66 mg
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 439 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 9 g