Not only is goat cheese rich and delicious, it's actually easier to digest than cows' milk cheeses.
READER RECIPE TESTER
Annie Laurie Cadmus
"This is such an easy recipe to put together: You roast the vegetables, cook the pasta, mix together the vinaigrette and toss! This is a great year-round recipe, because you can easily substitute out the vegetables and herbs to match whatever's in your produce drawer!"
- Prep Time
- 2 cups uncooked Kamut elbow macaroni or rotini pasta
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced into semi-circles
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 1 eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf or Italian parsley
- 1/2 packed cup whole fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup verjus
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to remove sticky starches; drain well and set aside.
- Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and add peppers and onion in a single layer. Roast in oven until just browned but not soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer peppers and onion to a large bowl. Repeat with zucchini and eggplant in a single layer, then tomatoes; once roasted, add to bowl with peppers and onion.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, blend all vinaigrette ingredients into a smooth liquid.
- Add pasta and vinaigrette to bowl with vegetables and toss well to coat evenly. Top with cheese and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 191
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 163 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g