Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
TIP: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate 2 servings in individual containers and freeze 4 servings; reheat when called for.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Halve squash and scrape out seeds. Brush inside of squash with oil and sprinkle with salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Place squash on a baking sheet, cut sides down, and roast for 35 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and scrape out flesh with a fork. (NOTE: You should have about 4 cups squash.) Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot on medium-high, sauté beef, pepper flakes and remaining 1/8 tsp black pepper for 8 minutes, breaking beef apart, until juices are released. Add garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach starts to wilt, about 1 minute. Add pine nuts, pasta sauce, ricotta and reserved spaghetti squash; stir until well mixed.
- Transfer mixture to an 8 x 10-inch baking dish; top with Parmesan. Cover casserole loosely with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, removing foil during last 5 minutes of baking. Remove casserole from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size 2 cups of spaghetti bake
- Calories 311
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 471 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g