Looking for another quick bread recipe? Try our Spelt Bread.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, mix 2¼ cups rye flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, honey and oil; add to dry mixture and stir until a dough forms. Add ½ cup oats, cranberries and flaxseeds. Mix until well combined (dough will be slightly sticky).
- On a clean surface, sprinkle remaining ¼ cup rye flour. Scrape dough onto countertop and knead a few times to incorporate flour until dough is soft but slightly sticky. Form into a long oval. Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp oats on top. With a knife, cut a shallow “X” in middle of dough.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. To test doneness, listen for a slightly hollow sound when bread is tapped. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 231 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g