Salmon Bowl with Sweet Chile Sauce
This vegetable-packed bowl is drizzled with a homemade sauce that uses pantry staples like vinegar, honey and sriracha.
The base of the bowl is zucchini rice and there are a few ways to make it: You can spiral the zucchini and then chop it on a cutting board to rice-sized pieces; you can use the grating disk of a food processor; or you can shred it on a box grater.
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sriracha, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 zucchini, riced (see headnote)
- 4 6-oz skin-on wild salmon filets
- ¼ tsp sea salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Prepare sauce: To a small saucepan, add orange zest and juice, vinegar, honey, coconut aminos, sriracha, garlic and arrowroot; whisk to dissolve the arrowroot. Heat on medium and bring to a boil; cook briefly, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet on high, heat one-half of oil. Add onion, bok choy and bell pepper; sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until bok choy is tender. Transfer vegetables to a bowl; set aside.
- In same skillet on medium-high, heat remaining half of oil. Add riced zucchini; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a separate bowl; set aside.
- Heat same skillet on medium-high. Add salmon, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes and then flip, cooking another 4 to 5 minutes until just cooked through, depending on thickness of fish. Transfer to a plate.
- To serve, divide zucchini rice, vegetables and salmon among bowls. Spoon sauce over top. Top with cilantro and hemp hearts.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftovers, keeping vegetables, salmon and sauce separate. Reheat and assemble when called for.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 429
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 389 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g