Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more salmon recipes here.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towel and season with pepper. In a large braiser or ovenproof sauté pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add salmon and sear for 3 minutes per side, until lightly golden. Transfer salmon to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1/4 cup broth to pan. Add leek and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until liquid evaporates and leeks soften. Add remaining 3/4 cup broth and broccoli; mix well.
- Return salmon to center of braiser, nestling between leeks and broccoli. Drizzle half of lemon juice over salmon; cover and transfer pan to oven. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes, until salmon and broccoli are tender. Remove from oven and, using a slotted spoon, transfer salmon and vegetables to a platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Reserve 1/2 cup pan juices.
- Prepare lemon-herb sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, tarragon, mint, remaining half of lemon juice and reserved 1/2 cup pan juices; mix well. (Add more lemon juice or pan juices as needed to reach desired consistency.) Season with salt and additional pepper.
- To serve, halve salmon fillets and plate each with lemon-herb sauce and leek-broccoli mixture.
- Serving Size 1/2 salmon fillet, 1 1/2 cups vegetables, 1/4 cup sauce
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g