Here's another great breakfast idea: pumpkin pancakes!
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- Zest 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 tsp)
- 2 whole-wheat pitas (each 6 inches in diameter), halved
- 7 oz cooked salmon (pouched or canned), flaked
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- In a small bowl, blend together cream cheese, capers and lemon zest.
- Gently open 1 pita half and spread quarter of cream-cheese mixture on 1 side. Arrange quarter of salmon on top of cream-cheese mixture, then add quarter of tomato and tuck in 1/2 cup arugula. Repeat steps with remaining pita halves and filling.
- Serving Size: breakfast pocket (1 half pita)
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 38 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 476 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g