- Prep Time
- 1 lb boneless, skinless salmon fillets, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- Pinch sea salt or kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Transfer serving dishes to freezer to chill.
- In a large stainless steel, glass or ceramic bowl, add salmon, lemon juice and pinch salt; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, until salmon is opaque-pink throughout and springy to the touch.
- Drain and discard lemon juice from salmon. Return salmon to bowl and add cucumber, onion, dill and chives. Season with additional salt and toss gently to combine. Divide among chilled bowls and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup of ceviche
- Calories: 292
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 26 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 58 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g