Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare kasha: In a medium skillet or saucepan, bring broth, oil, salt and black pepper to a boil.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg with a fork. Add kasha, stirring to coat kernels. In a separate medium skillet or saucepan on high, add egg-coated kasha. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until egg has dried and kernels are separate. Reduce heat to low.
- Quickly stir in boiling broth mixture. Cover tightly and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until kasha kernels are tender and liquid is absorbed. (Makes about 4 cups.)
- Prepare salmon pilaf: Heat oil in a pan on medium-high. Add garlic, vegetables, salt and black pepper, and saute until vegetables are tender. Add salmon and cook until heated through.
- Add kasha and mix into pilaf until well blended. Serve warm.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 317
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 390 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 25 g