Want a reason to eat fresh? Discover 6 Reasons to Eat Seasonal & Local all year long!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups corn fusilli pasta
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile pepper, finely chopped (seeded, if desired)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 2 limes
- 19-oz BPA-free can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to remove sticky starches; drain well and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add tomato, jalapeño, onion and mango. Pit, peel and finely chop avocado. (TIP: Prep and add avocado last to prevent it from browning.) Immediately add lime juice and toss.
- Add pasta and beans to bowl with vegetables and toss to combine. Add oil, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix gently. Enjoy at room temperature or chill in fridge for about 1 hour.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 254
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 77 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g