- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 ears corn, husks carefully removed and reserved (NOTE: You may need additional corn husk pieces to wrap chicken. You’ll need 24 pieces of husk in total.)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 oz Manchego or aged white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 24-inch pieces butcher’s twine or food-grade string
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub bell pepper with 1/4 tsp oil. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, until tender and skin is blistered. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Remove skin and seeds, then cut into quarters. Set aside. Keep oven at 400°F.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add corn and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from water and set aside until cool enough to handle. Care-fully cut off kernels from cobs, discarding cobs. Set aside.
- Prepare salsa verde: In a small bowl, combine cilantro, parsley, lime zest and juice, garlic, black pepper and remaining 2 3/4 tsp oil.
- On a work surface, lay out 3 pieces of corn husk, overlapping the long edges. Overlapping with bottom ends of first 3 pieces, lay out 3 more pieces of husk. (NOTE: If using smaller husks, you may need more to cover chicken. If husks are stiff, try soaking them briefly in hot water to make them more pliable.) Place a chicken breast across the middle of husks and spread an eighth of salsa into butterfly opening. Stuff with a quarter each of bell pepper, corn kernels and cheese. Close butterfly to cover stuffing. Rub top of chicken with another eighth of salsa. Fold over ends of husk and use twine to wrap around chicken to hold husk in place. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until chicken is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 165°F, about 30 minutes. Unwrap husks carefully before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 81 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 178 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g