Find more cookout-friendly recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (TRY: Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk)
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- Zest and juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1/2 cup loosely packed whole cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small head napa cabbage (about 1 lb), halved lengthwise and sliced into ¼-inch ribbons
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons, outer peel discarded
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a blender, combine coconut milk, peanuts, zest and juice of 1 lime, cilantro, ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper. Blend until peanuts and cilantro are finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Prepare slaw: In a large bowl, toss jalapeño, cabbage, bell pepper and carrot. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper. Add oil and mix to coat. In a large sauté pan on medium-high, cook shrimp, tossing often, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water and cook, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Once water evaporates almost completely, remove from heat. Add zest and juice of remaining lime to shrimp and toss to coat.
- Pour vinaigrette over top of slaw and mix well. Divide among plates and top each with shrimp.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 170 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 440 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g