If you like creamy sweets, try these four dessert recipes.
- Prep Time
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 extra-large egg yolks
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 3 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (TRY: Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 oz dark chocolate (75 to 85%), finely grated
- In a medium saucepan on medium, heat 2 1/4 cups milk just until a small amount of steam starts to rise from the surface and small bubbles appear around the edge of the pan, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heat-proof bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup milk, egg yolks and tapioca until well combined. While whisking constantly, slowly pour heated milk into egg mixture.
- In a large saucepan on medium, melt butter. Add 2/3 cup coconut sugar and salt, stirring with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves and mixture comes together and slides around the bottom of the pan, 30 seconds. Slowly add milk mixture while stirring constantly to combine thoroughly. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil, 4 to 5 minutes. Boil for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Divide among 8 ramekins or serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator until set, at least 1 hour. (TIP: To make these portable, pour into small Mason jars.)
- Prepare garnish (if desired): To a medium bowl, add cream and 2 tsp coconut sugar. Using a handheld electric mixer on high, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Divide whipped cream between servings and top with chocolate shavings.
- Serving Size: 3 oz. pudding plus 1 Tbsp whipped topping
- Calories: 328
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 89 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 171 mg
- Sugar Content: 26 g