- Prep Time
8 oz brown rice noodles (pad Thai style)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2–3 tbsp sambal oelek
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp safflower oil, divided
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch-long strips
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp chopped raw unsalted peanuts
1. Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl; pour in enough boiling water to cover. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together lime juice, soy sauce, coconut sugar, sambal oelek and fish sauce. Set aside.
3. In a large deep skillet, heat 2 tsp oil on medium. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until browned, 4 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened and chicken is no longer pink inside, 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape mixture into a bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 tsp oil to skillet and heat on medium-low. Add eggs and cook, stirring occasionally with a fork to break up curds, until eggs begin to set, 3 to 4 minutes. Add to bowl with chicken mixture. Add soy sauce mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer.
5. Add noodles and toss to coat. Cook, using tongs to flip noodles and ensure even heating, until well coated with sauce and completely softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add green onions; return chicken mixture to skillet and toss to combine. Divide among plates; garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 329
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 103 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 1103 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g