Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more breakfast recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist 6 wells of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large liquid measure, whisk egg whites and 1/8 tsp salt until frothy. Pour into wells, dividing evenly. Bake until centers are set, about 20 minutes. Remove egg rounds from pan. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together turkey, maple syrup, sage, thyme, garlic, pepper and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Shape into six 3½- inch-wide patties; arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until an instant-read thermometer reaches 165˚F when inserted in centers, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange 1 oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high. Transfer baking sheet to upper rack; broil until patties are browned, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Place 1 slice cheese on bottom half of each English muffin. Top each with 1 egg round and 1 sausage patty; sandwich with top halves of English muffins. Wrap each in foil and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat in the oven, thaw completely in the refrigerator if frozen, then heat at 350°F (with foil still on) until heated through, about 25 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave from frozen: remove foil, wrap in paper towels and transfer to a plate. Microwave on defrost setting (30% power) for 2 minutes. Flip sandwich; microwave on high until heated through, about 1½ minutes.
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 354
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4.5 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 589 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g