- Prep Time
- 3 large eggs
- 12 oz (3 cups) packaged riced cauliflower (NOTE: Find it in the refrigerated section of the produce department. Avoid frozen for this use.)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp each mild smoked paprika and baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
2. Mix in riced cauliflower, flour, paprika, baking powder, salt and pepper to form a thick batter. Gently stir in cheese. (MAKE AHEAD: Make batter up to 12 hours in advance; cover and store in the refrigerator.)
3. Heat a waffle iron on high according to a manufacturer’s instructions. Generously coat the iron’s plates with cooking spray.
4. Add 1/2 cup batter into center of plate and close iron. Cook until browned and set, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, misting with cooking spray between waffles.
TIP: We used a square waffle iron, but you can use any size or shape. Pour the batter into the center, and it will spread. However, avoid using a waffle maker with very deep pockets for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 132
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 102 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 349 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g