Savory Cauliflower Waffles
Riced cauliflower is the hero of these crisp and savory waffles that are fit for breakfast or dinner, and require just 10 minutes of prep.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 large eggs
- 12 oz (3 cups) packaged riced cauliflower (NOTE: Find it in the refrigerated section of the produce department. Avoid frozen for this use.)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp each mild smoked paprika and baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
2. Mix in riced cauliflower, flour, paprika, baking powder, salt and pepper to form a thick batter. Gently stir in cheese. (MAKE AHEAD: Make batter up to 12 hours in advance; cover and store in the refrigerator.)
3. Heat a waffle iron on high according to a manufacturer’s instructions. Generously coat the iron’s plates with cooking spray.
4. Add 1/2 cup batter into center of plate and close iron. Cook until browned and set, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, misting with cooking spray between waffles.
TIP: We used a square waffle iron, but you can use any size or shape. Pour the batter into the center, and it will spread. However, avoid using a waffle maker with very deep pockets for this recipe.
- Serving Size 1 waffle
- Calories 132
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 102 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 349 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g