Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high, melt 3 tbsp butter. Add 6 tbsp flour, curry powder and garlic powder and cook, whisking, for 30 seconds. Slowly add broth, whisking out any lumps, and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot on medium, heat oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add green beans and fennel bulb and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in corn and lima beans and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in sauce, fennel fronds and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to prepared baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Cut remaining 3 tbsp butter into 1/2-inch pieces, then use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to work into flour mixture, making a coarse meal. Add yogurt and chives, stirring until just combined. Drop dough over casserole in 1- to 2-tbsp mounds. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size 1 cup stew mixture and 2 1.5 to 2 inch biscuits
- Calories 381
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 67 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 357 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g