- Cook Time
- Prep Time
8 mini pumpkins (about 10 to 13 ounces each)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon sea salt
Simply Organic Black Pepper, to taste
⅛ teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
1 cup quinoa
1 small sweet onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
2 cups kale leaves, destemmed and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Sage Leaf
½ teaspoon Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf
⅓ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
½ cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, slice tops off mini pumpkins; scoop out seeds and place pumpkins on a baking sheet. Rub inside flesh with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until pumpkins are just tender (will vary based on size of pumpkins).
- Meanwhile, in a pot, gently bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onion, and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and kale leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender and caramelized.
- Add sage and rosemary and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, then add quinoa, cranberries and apple cider, cooking until cider is absorbed.
- Arrange pumpkins in a large baking dish and stuff each with quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 20 minutes, until pumpkins are soft and stuffing is heated through. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1 pumpkin
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g