Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
See also Thai-Inspired Tomato Soup.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high. Add fennel, garlic, salt, fennel seeds and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until fennel is softened and slightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add broth, tomatoes and ½ cup water and bring to a simmer.
- Using a large spoon, gently lower sea bass and scallops into soup just until submerged. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, just until fish flakes easily with a fork and scallops are opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving Size 1/4 of soup
- Calories 262
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 87 mg
- Fat Content 13.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 413 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g